Canadian Experience Class
Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is an excellent immigration program for Canada’s temporary foreign workers to become permanent residents.
The Canadian Experience Class allows foreign nationals who have been working in Canada for a period of one year to apply for permanent residence on the basis of their Canadian experience. In order to be eligible, applicants must have a minimum of one year of full-time skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before applying, meet certain language criteria, and plan to live outside of Quebec.
CEC applicants are processed through the Express Entry selection system. Eligible candidates must make an expression of interest in immigrating or remaining in Canada, create an online Express Entry profile, and receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence before they can make an application.
Canadian Experience Class Requirements
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements to be eligible for this program. They must:
- Have obtained at least one year of skilled, professional or technical work experience in Canada within 36 months prior to the application; and
- Meet or surpass a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB); both IELTS and CELPIP have different benchmarks depending on the level of the job; and
- Plan to live and work outside the province of Quebec
- Applicants can remain in Canada throughout the application process while keeping their status active. The Canadian Experience Class is also open to individuals who are no longer in Canada, providing they submit their application within three years of leaving their job in Canada.
Below we have outlined the steps in the process of gaining Permanent Residency through Express Entry:
- Make an Express of Interest application by creating an online Express Entry Profile…
- Improve your profile and ranking under the Comprehensive Ranking System…
- Receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence in Canada…
- Complete medical, police clearances and submit completed application…
- Your application is reviewed by Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada…
- Request for passports and the Right of Permanent Residence fee…
- Issuance of your Canadian Permanent Residency..